Ideal for intermediate students to foster a love for biological science and environmental science. Can be rotated over several days for a school camp.
- Introduction to conservation in Manawahe
- Team building games.
1. Morning Rotations in groups of 10 students * :
- Predator control
- Tree leaves treasure hunt
- Conservation work
- Weta house building
- Flying fox
2. A whole class science activity #:
- Macro invertebrate stream study
- Tree taxonomy
- Science versus the arts
Typical Afternoon activity # :
- Nature walk in conservation bush block
- Raft building competitions at Lake Rotoma
- Relay races
Debrief and evaluation.
*Typically, 3 rotations are chosen for one session. Schools that come for more than one day can choose different rotation activities on different days.
# One activity is chosen.
@The evening program is the responsibility of the school as the educator leaves around 5pm.
Please contact our environmental educator for more information, bookings and costings on firstname.lastname@example.org